Shared Build Number plugin for TS

A forum for discussion of development on TeamCity plugins.

Moderator: beamerblvd

Re: Shared Build Number plugin for TS

Postby rmr1154 » June 11th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Is there any way to incorporate the Quarter into the {d} value?

If not, i'd love to see the option for Q (calendar quarter) added, or the ability to perform math (M+3\4) which would provide even more flexability.

Thanks for the great plugin!
rmr1154

Postby beamerblvd » June 17th, 2013, 4:56 am

All,

My apologies for the delay in approving posts needing moderation. I cannot figure out how to get this stupid software to email me when a post needs moderation.

@Adamus, no, unfortunately this is not possible. Because Shared Build Numbers can be shared across all builds and projects, only Administrators can manage them. That's not going to change.

@bigminer2001, I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm running 7.1.2 and that's not happening, but I haven't tested it on 7.1.4. It's possible something is broken, but I don't think that minor of a version difference should cause this. I will take a look at it later this week.

@rmr1154, I'm afraid not. {d} uses SimpleDateFormat. Unfortunately, SimpleDateFormat does not support the quarter. Implementing a custom date formatter would be non-trivial, so that's not an option I'm currently willing to consider.
beamerblvd
Site Admin

Postby beamerblvd » June 22nd, 2013, 9:58 pm

@bigminer2001, another user of the Shared Build Number plugin upgraded to 7.1.5 on Wednesday and the plugin is working great for them. So I know it's working on 7.1.2 and 7.1.5. I don't see why it wouldn't be working on 7.1.4.

Do you have TeamCity deployed to the ROOT application context (http://example.org/overview.html) or to a non-ROOT application context (http://example.org/foo/overview.html)?

Nick
beamerblvd
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Project: TeamCity Plugins